Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Hump Day Cookin'


I hope everyone's week is going well. Every Wednesday I will be posting a new recipe whether it be a dessert, snack or main dish. Today is going to be something easy with little fuss.

Chicken Wings & Dummies!

Usually Hot wings and drumsticks  have a light flour coating and are fried, fried and then fried some more. For me it is easier and just as tasty to bake them in the oven.

What you will need:

1. A package of wings with attached drumsticks. *If you would like to purchase already separated wings and drumsticks, feel free!

2. Aluminum foil, cooking spray or olive oil, knife, cutting board, 2 cookie sheets, pepper, garlic salt, and wing sauce of your choice.

*The pepper and garlic salt are optional, if you would like to use other seasoning or none at all, go for it. This recipe is easily interchangeable.
Now on to pictures....WARNING!!! Pictures of raw chicken are just gross looking, to me at least. Moving on...
So this is what an attached drum and wing look like. Place the wing/drum on the cutting board and take out your knife. Before cutting the chicken, Preheat the oven to 375.

Cut here and...
here.. You want to cut in between the joints, so you dont dull your knife or have chicken shrapnel all over you. Discard what is left or you can freeze them in a bag and boil them for home made chicken stock.
Next, line the cookie sheets with the aluminum foil and then using cooking spray or olive oil, lightly coat the foil. On a side note, I look like I have an E.T. finger(hoommeee)
For some reason I separate the wings and drums from eachother. You can mix them up it wont make any difference cooking or taste wise. Anywhoser, so put the chicken on the foil and if you choose to put any type of seasoning on them , now is the time.

I went with the cracked pepper and garlic salt combo, I know I know it's a bit fancy but damnit Im a classy kinda gal.
Now put the chicken in the oven on 375 for 30 minutes. Then take them out, and flip all of the chicken to the other side, bake for another 30 minutes.
When they come out of the oven they will be lightly crisp. If you really like crispy chicken add another 15 minutes to the cooking time.

Once ready I smother and cover them in my favorite locally produced wing sauce. I have another wing sauce that I make when I want something with a little spice.




Texas Pete Wing Sauce
All you need is Texas Pete hot sauce and a stick of butter.
1. Melt butter in microwave about 20 seconds
2. add 1/2cup of Hot sauce
3. Mix and smother with wings
Ta-da! quick and easy.














Voila! Ready to eat! Don't they just look delicious?
In the words of Julia Child- Bon apetit!

No comments:

Post a Comment