Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Weinerville

Happy hump day kids! Now for another recipe. Im not too keen on making up fancy food names,when it is what it is, know what im sayin? This is an easy crockpot meal. It is one that I make in the fall and winter months and when I'm a lazy ass and dont have many ingredients available.


Sausages and Split Pea Soup
(Same crockpot)

Now I will be the first to admit that I never liked pea soup much. Most of the time it is pureed until it resembles baby food. It was always the texture never the taste that I had a problem with. So this is my remedy for that and for my hubby who also isn't a fan of the baby food texture pureed soups have.
 So You will need split peas, I get the ones with the fake ham packet, but I never use the packet.
Sweet sausages or you can get any kind of sausages you like, just make sure they arent smoked.
parsley, tarragon,pepper, salt, minced garlic.
Half of an onion (white or yellow) rough chop.

1. Pour 1 cup of rinsed peas in crockpot, add 2 cups of hot water.

2. Add the chopped onion, then add all of the seasonings. I don't measure, so I took a pic of the amount I use.

As you can see, on the left is about the amount I use for all of the seasonings, on the right is the salt, keep in mind that I use sea salt, if you use table salt reduce it by half.
3. Add the sausages, I do 3 for two people. put the cover on the crockpot and put it on low for a minimum of 4 hours. Then it will be ready to eat.


 Mmm Mmm good. For some reason it isn't as bright and appetizing in the photo.
I will work on it.
Toodles!

Mrs.M





No comments:

Post a Comment